Coomera Rivers State School is an Independent Public School and provides your family with a safe and disciplined learning environment. Our school utilises the latest in technology to support and enhance student learning in the national curriculum. Classrooms are digitally rich learning environments that act as a portal to the world. With a wide range of extra-curricular activities and e-services for families, our school offers your family a service that is unrivalled.
Coomera Rivers State School provides digitally rich classrooms where students:
- Study the National Curriculum in all year levels.
Utilise digital devices in ALL classrooms to enhance learning.
Offer both digital (called myLearn) and traditional learning pathways for students in Years 1-6.
Use web-based learning in English and Mathematics school-wide.
Our digital learning environments have:
Wireless connectivity throughout the school.
iPads and laptop computers (We are an Apple school)
Capacity to allow flexible learning opportunities so children can work and learn at their speed.
Specialist subjects of study include:
- A quality visual arts program facilitated by a specialist teacher for all students from Prep to Year 6.
- A unique multi-media and technology subject for all students from Prep to Year 6 called Design Arts that encompasses our design platform of Design ~ Create ~ Share.
- A strong music program (Brass, woodwind, percussion and strings) for students in Years 3 to 6.
- Mandarin Chinese as the language of study. This is provided in Years 5 and 6.
- Physical education classes for all students with compulsory daily fitness (called KidFit)
- Music lessons are provided for all students from prep to Year 6.
Co-curricular opportunities for students includes:
- A quality performing arts program for senior students (Years 4-6) with school musicals performed on an annual rotation.
- A strong instrumental music program (Brass, woodwind, percussion and strings) for students in Years 3 to 6.
- A growing choral program for all students in the school.
A chess program for all students.
Interschool sport gala carnivals for Years 4-6 students that focus on Fun ~ Fitness ~ Friendship.
District & Regional sport involvement for students in Year 5 and 6.
- Leadership programs for senior students.
A strong ‘Gifted Education’ program across the school with identification processes are incorporated in the early years.
We offer the following e-services for families:
On-line daily communication between school and home.
Weekly school newsletters.
Weekly class updates from teachers.
Direct email communication between families and staff.
On-line ordering for uniforms and café requirements.
Direct electronic student report cards to families.
Other services for families include:
Before and after school care.
After school learning tutorials for students (called BOOST).
After school sporting & cultural activities for students.