We are citizens of the world and we need to connect with others so that we create a deeper and stronger understanding of others and develop an empathy for them. Many of our classes and students have been making some amazing connections.
Here are some examples of work happening in and around our school this week that includes our students:
- Designing a questionnaire to interview family members around the impact of COVID on their life and recording this using technology.
- Interviewing a parent in Wales to explore how the home learning journey has been from her perspective.
- Interviewing teachers and students from 30 countries around the world to gain an understanding of their perspective and compiling the information in a book to be published.
- The creation of a personalised learning program for students so they can participate in activities which target their interests.
- Designing surveys to ask local businesses and workers how COVID has impacted on their company. From this, students will design a solution which could support them more in moving forward.
Well done to Chloe, Jorja and Anna from 6K. The girls have been giving up their lunch breaks across the past week to work on creating character stick puppets for next term's Year 1 English unit. Retelling familiar stories is going to be extra fun for our Year 1 students, knowing their Year 6 buddies made the puppets especially for them.