The Coomera Rivers State School - School Council was established in March 2016 after our school was appointed as an Independent Public School in late 2014. Our School Council enables greater involvement of the school community and other stakeholders, such as industry, in setting the strategic direction for the school.
The role of the School Council is to:
- monitor the school's strategic direction
- approve plans and policies of the school of a strategic nature, including the annual estimate of revenue and expenditure for the school
- monitor the implementation of the plans, policies and other relevant documents
- advise the school's principal about strategic matters.
Our School Council plays a role in monitoring and informing the school's strategic direction in a way that achieves the best learning outcomes for the school's students.
The School Council will have the responsibility to approve documents that set the strategic direction of the school, but will not be involved in daily operational aspects.
The Coomera Rivers School Council is made up of:
- two official members being the Principal and the P&C President
- three elected staff representatives with one member being a teaching staff representative and the other a non-teaching staff representative
- three elected parent representatives
- one appointed member being a person from the wider community that is not directly linked with the school but has an interest in the schools and the school community's success.
The 2019 members of our council are:
|Official member - Principal||Vic Graham||On-going|
|Official member - P&C President||Corina Profke||On-going|
|Elected member - Teaching staff||Mia Pinnington||3 Years (March 2019)|
|Elected member - Teaching staff||Julie Parker||3 Years (March 2019)|
|Elected member - Non-teaching staff||Leonie Jenkins||2 Years (March 2018)|
|Elected parent representative||Caryn Reeves||2 Years (March 2018)|
|Elected parent representative||Matthew Tilley||3 Years (March 2019)|
|Elected parent representative||Michael Cowling||2 Years (March 2018)|
|Appointed member||Cr Cameron Caldwell||2 Years (March 2019)|