Our school is a
Positive Behaviour for Learning school. The entire school community understands our three school rules and the high standards we aim to achieve and maintain. Our school staff as one, together with a behaviour support assistant teacher create a safe and supportive environment for all students, staff and community. Teachers are supported to develop appropriate strategies, processes and practices for challenging behaviours at all levels.
- whole school approaches and professional learning opportunities
- working with teachers in the classroom
- working with groups and individual students at educational risk due to their behaviour.
Our school recognises five levels of behaviour. These apply to students in Years 3-6. They are:
- Diamond (Elite level)
- Sapphire (Excellent level)
- Emerald (Universal level)
- Yellow (Targeted support level)
- Red (Intensive support level)
All students in Prep to Year 2 are considered Emerald but can receive targeted or intensive support if required. We recognise students who achieve the Emerald oh higher levels by rewarding their efforts each term.
Please refer to the Coomera Rivers State School Student Code of Conduct (PDF, 2.5MB) for detailed information.
All students attending Coomera Rivers must agree to the Digital Devices User Agreement and Anti-Bullying Agreement.