We highly value the contribution of parents and other members of the school community. The P&C Association is the voice for the diversity within our school community.
We understand that time to everyone is valuable, however we encourage as many of our parents and members of the community to volunteer when convenient for them.
Volunteering results in:
- a greater understanding by the parents and the community of their children’s schooling
- a greater understanding by teachers of the students and their needs
- a better communication between home and school
- fewer crises and misunderstandings
- higher pupil moral and confidence
- more goodwill and higher regard between parents, members of the wider community and school staff.
Queensland law requires that we induct all people who come onto the school site to perform work duties. This induction covers student protection, emergency management and other significant aspects of our school. This requirement has meant that we have a volunteer coordination system that we need all volunteers to follow.
- Before you can volunteer at the school, you will need to register by emailing the
- Once registered, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to view the induction presentation and complete a short quiz.
- Once this has been completed you will receive your volunteer lanyard and then you are ready to start volunteering!
- To help in the classroom please speak with your classroom teacher. Other volunteering opportunities will be emailed to volunteers. If you see something you would like to help with simply reply with your availability.
Volunteers must be wearing their volunteer lanyard at all times whilst on campus. They must also sign in on arrival and sign out before leaving on the sign in iPad located in Corporate Services.
Parents of the school are encouraged to have a Working With Children Check also called a Blue Card but this is not a requirement. However, the law requires grandparents of students at the school to complete a Working With Children Check - Volunteers Blue Card application (no cost) if they are interested in volunteering.
Fill out a Blue Card application. Once completed please deliver to Corporate Services (with the relevant ID) for processing.
If you would like more information or would like to contact the