Enrolling at our school is an important and exciting process.
There are three steps to enrolment:
- Enrolment application.
- Important policies to read and understand.
- The enrolment induction session for parents where you will meet with the Principal.
Parents will also need to organise technology items, uniforms and other school requirements before their child/ren begin at the school.
* Please note that enrolment induction sessions are usually conducted on a Thursday for children to commence school the following week.
Step 1 - Enrolment application
- Check the enrolment catchment map online through the
Ed Map - Catchment Maps to find your home’s street address. The Principal will verify that your listed residential address is within the enrolment boundary. Please read the
Enrolment Management Plan (DOC, 165KB) for information about ‘out of catchment’ enrolments before proceeding with an ‘out of catchment’ application. Inform the school if you are applying for one or more of the Excellence programs.
- Complete the
application for enrolment form accurately. Please complete a separate enrolment application for each child enrolling.
- Send the completed application to the school.
You will need to provide certain documents for the Principal to sight before the induction session. These need to be delivered to Corporate Services staff or emailed with your application. Please be prepared. Without the correct and complete documents the enrolment cannot proceed.
Please provide the following items:
- each child's birth certificate
- each child's passport visa and parent's passport visas
- your proof of residency
- owners - current rates notice and utilities bill
- renters - fully signed and dated tenancy agreement or a verification letter signed by a real estate agent
- each child's most recent NAPLAN report
- each child’s most recent student report card.
Submit the enrolment application
Email the completed application together with the other necessary documentation to the Coomera Rivers Enrolment Officer or post to:
The Enrolment Officer
Coomera Rivers State School
81-87 Finnegan Way
COOMERA QLD 4209
Upon receipt, our Enrolment Officer will contact you to arrange an enrolment induction session with the Principal or Deputy Principal.
Step 2 - Important policies to read and understand
Please read the important policies prior to the enrolment interview. Click here to go to this section.
You will need to know about the policies, standards and expectations of our school community before you enrol your children. Key policies include:
Step 3 - The enrolment induction session
The enrolment induction is a group session. We will discuss:
- student uniforms and dress code
- digital requirements (iPads and apps)
- school resource scheme
- positive behaviour for learning
- attendance and routines
- complete an enrolment agreement and check other paperwork and consent forms
- plans for your first day at our school.
Welcome to Coomera Rivers State School.