At Coomera Rivers, students are engaged in a connected learning environment that promotes digital literacies, problem solving, creativity, collaboration and self-reflection. Through our myLearn program, we aim to accelerate our students skills, productivity, engagement and learning outcomes.
Apple Distinguished School
Coomera Rivers State School was first recognised as an Apple Distinguished School in 2017. Apple Distinguished Schools are seen as centres of innovation, leadership and educational excellence that use Apple technology to inspire creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking.
Digital accelerates access to knowledge beyond the classroom and cultivates student-driven learning.
The digital platform at Coomera Rivers:
- Enables a personalisation of student learning through access to rich learning resources.
- Best facilitates the development of knowledge and skills necessary for the 21st century workforce, including digital-age literacy, innovative and creative thinking, effective communication and high productivity.
- Allows continuous access to educational materials allowing learning efficiency to happen anywhere, anytime outside of the traditional 9-3.
- Provides an engaging, interactive environment for learning.
- Strengthens links between home and school by providing transparent communication on student learning and learning outcomes.
myLearn iPad Program Requirements
All students in Prep to Year 6 will require an iPad that is capable of running the latest version of iOS, (operating system for iPads) and school-required apps.
Apps - For the core list of apps and year level specific apps please refer to app list section in the myLearn iPad Program iTunes U course.
Headphones - Coomera Rivers recommends students use DJ style, volume restricted over-the-ear headphones.
Case Recommendations - We strongly recommend a robust case to minimise potential damage.
Third Party Consent - In order to provide quality teaching and learning, we increasingly require students to access websites that offer a range of resources and services. Some of these sites are third party.
Through the Apple Distinguished Schools program, we are fortunate to receive support from the Apple Distinguished School community and the Apple Education Team in Queensland and Australia. Apple is constantly creating resources to help educators nurture creativity in students and become better communicators and problem solvers.
The Fuse Cup
Coomera Rivers has joined The Federation of United Schools Esports (FUSE) Cup. This is a nationwide network of schools connected in providing young students with an opportunity to participate in a safe, supportive and structured national esports competition, while developing positive gaming behaviours and digital wellbeing.
There are 4 overarching values to The FUSE Cup that are it's foundation and are in place to ensure that everyone involved enjoys a positive and safe experience that help promote and establish positive gaming habits for younger gamers.